Our commitment for hygiene and safety:
Public area | Lobby | reception
- Employees inform guests about hygiene regulations at check-in.
- We regularly train our employees in hygiene measures.
- We ask all guests and staff to avoid direct contact and keep a safe distance. A minimum distance at the reception and other hotel areas should always be maintained (reception, lobby, etc.).
- A mask is mandatory in public areas.
- An infection protection screen was installed at the reception.
- In the restaurant and lobby there is a minimum distance between the seats and tables.
- All rooms and public areas are regularly cleaned and disinfected according to tested hygiene regulations.
- Disinfectant dispensers containing disinfectants suitable for viruses are available in all public areas such as the lobby, entrances and public toilets.
- Guests with symptoms of illness are asked to stay in the room and call a doctor via the reception desk.
- It is very important to us that our guests feel comfortable with us, therefore we do everything we can to ensure their safety in a hygienically proper environment.
- The room is cleaned in accordance with our high hygiene standards.
- In addition, the techniques for cleaning the guest rooms after each stay have been further intensified and we disinfect high points of contact such as: TV remote controls, light switches, heating and air conditioning controls, door and window handles, telephone, handles of electrical appliances and the toilet lid and seat.
- Printed matter such as magazines and hotel A-Z were removed from the rooms. All hotel information can be found on our digital guest folder, which you can view with a QR code.
- Minibars are emptied in our house for safety reasons. You will receive water in your room free of charge upon arrival and you can purchase a further selection of snacks and drinks at the reception.
- The linen and towels are cleaned in our external laundry company so that you can use them completely harmlessly.
- The towels are laminated in foil per guest for Corona.
- If you stay more than one night, we will only enter and clean the guest rooms upon express request.
- According to the official requirements of the authorities in NRW, valid from July 15th 2020, meetings of up to 300 people are permitted. Social events only for an outstanding occasion up to a maximum of 150 people.
- If the participants sit in fixed places during the event or assembly, the requirement for a minimum distance of 1.5 meters between people can be replaced by ensuring the special traceability according to § 2a paragraph 2 (CoronaSchVO NRW – 15.07.2020).
- We make sure that groups don’t mix, e.g. for lunch. Here we announce schedules in advance. It applies that the larger group has the privilege and the smaller groups are divided after receipt of reservation.
- Our employees serve lunch with masks and in the form of a menu with covers.
- In the kitchen area, in addition to our HACCP regulations, we also observe the distance between employees and the wearing of masks.
- We provide drinks and coffee per table in the conference room if it is included in the scope of services.
- We provide hand disinfectants in front of the meeting rooms, which must be used by every guest upon entry.
- The tables and armrests are cleaned before each event.
- The rooms are ventilated before and after each event and during breaks. We also recommend the ventilation every 30 minutes during the event.
- Our air conditioning systems run with fresh supply and exhaust air. We do NOT use air circulation.
- The restrooms can only be used by a maximum of 2 people. Please inform your guests that you also use the toilets during the event so that there are no accumulations in front of the restrooms during breaks.
- Our guests also wear masks when they leave their seat.
We also take measures to ensure the well-being of our employees and actively support them in doing so. This includes:
- All employees are trained in the current hygiene regulations.
- Our employees regularly wash their hands thoroughly with soap and water and use hand disinfectants.
- We wipe and disinfect all workplaces regularly.
If employees (or an immediate family member) does not feel well, we ask employees to stay at home and clarify any medical condition before returning to work.
The current situation is very dynamic and we react and implement all official requirements.
All measures are effective if the guest and hotel work together. We ask for your understanding of restrictions in service and offer that are currently necessary and hope to find normal hotel operations again as soon as you are used to.
Your team Essener Hof