Information about using this Data protection declaration
We only offer this data protection declaration as a matter of convenience. The German version of the data protection declaration always applies. In no case can the English-language explanation be interpreted in such a way that it contradicts the German one.
§ 1 General information
Data protection is an important issue. Below we provide information on the collection and processing of personal data. Personal data are all data that can be related to you personally.
Responsible according to Art. 4 Para. 7 GDPR
HOTEL ESSENER HOF
Am Handelshof 5
Tel .: +49 201-2425-0
Data protection officer
You can reach the personally appointed data protection officer of our company at the following address:
Mr. Patrick Grihn
℅ nextindex GmbH & Co. KG
If you have questions about processing, security or a request for information, you can contact them directly with confidence.
§2 General overview of data and processing operations
We want to give you the required clarity in accordance with Art. 12 GDPR. Therefore, the following overview of the processing:
Types of processed data:
- Usage data or communication data (when accessing a website, IP address, device information, access time and access time, etc.)
- contact data when registering or entering the data
- inventory (name, company, address)
- communication (if necessary . Metadata about calls, e-mails)
- Content data (especially when sending e-mails)
In addition (internally) the following additional data for our customers, interested parties, suppliers and business partners for the provision of services in the field of quotation and contract management, service and marketing, direct mail and customer care:
- Contract data
- inventory data,
- customer data (CRM),
- Supplier data
- Payment data
- Order and invoice data
data subjects (categories):
- users of this website (also known as visitors),
- operating the website and providing information,
- ensuring operation the In website and our systems (e.g. B. Firewall)
- Communication with our customers
- Answering inquiries
- Optimizing and analyzing the website
- Providing information for our (potential) customers
§3 Your rights
You have the following rights towards us with regard to your personal data:
- Right to information,
- Right to correction or deletion,
- right to restriction of processing,
- right to object to processing,
- right to data portability,
- right to complain to the data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
Detailed rights: to
- accordance with Art. 15 GDPR to request information about your personal data processed by us in. In particular, you can obtain information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a Right to lodge a complaint, the origin of your data, if we have not collected it, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if necessary, meaningful information on their details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to immediately request the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us;
- In accordance with Art. 17 GDPR deletion of to your personal data stored by us in, unless processing to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfill a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims is required;
- In accordance with Art. 18 GDPR,to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data if you dispute the correctness of the data, the processing is unlawful, but you refuse to delete it and we no longer need the data, but you need it to assert or exercise it or you need to defend legal claims or you have objected to processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transmitted to another person responsible;
- To our consent given to us at any time in accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR revoke. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent in the future and
- In accordance with Art. 77 GDPR to complain to the supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work or our office.
The right to deletion does not exist if the processing is necessary
- to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information;
- to fulfill a legal obligation that requires processing under the law of the Union or of the member states to which the person responsible is subject, or to perform a task that is in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority that has been transferred to the person responsible;
- for reasons of public interest in the area of public health in accordance with Art. 9 Paragraph 2 lit. h and i as well as Art. 9 Paragraph 3 GDPR;
- for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes in accordance with Art. 89 Para. 1 GDPR, insofar as the right mentioned under section a) is likely to make the realization of the objectives of this processing impossible or seriously impaired, or
- to assert, Exercise or defense of legal claims
§4 General legal bases
When processing personal data to which the data subject is performance of a contracta party is necessary to Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR serves as the legal basis. This also applies to processing operations for that to carry out pre-contractual measures are necessary.
If processing is to safeguard a legitimate interest of our company or a third party and if the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not outweigh the first-mentioned interest, Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR serves as the legal basis for processing.
Insofar as the processing of personal data is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation to which our company is subject, Article 6 Paragraph 1 lit. c GDPR serves as the legal basis.
In the event that vital interests of the data subject or another natural person require the processing of personal data, Article 6 (1) (d) GDPR serves as the legal basis.
Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subject for the processing of personal data, Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR serves as the legal basis.
§5 Provisions for users of the website
General data when accessing the page
When using the website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server for you to display our website and ensure stability and security. The processing takes place on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit.f GDPR (legitimate interest).
The storage in log files takes place in order to ensure the functionality of the website. In addition, we use the data to optimize the website and to ensure the security of our information technology systems. The processing takes place on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit.f GDPR (legitimate interest).
The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required to achieve the purpose for which they were collected.
If the data is stored in log files, this is the case after seven days at the latest. Storage beyond this is possible. In this case, the users’ IP addresses are deleted or alienated so that they can no longer be assigned to the accessing client.
In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies can be stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files through which certain information can flow to us.
We use technically necessary cookies for the purpose of security and the technical implementation of the website. The processing takes place on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit.f GDPR (legitimate interest).
These cookies are usually deleted after logging out or closing the browser.
These cookies are deleted after a specified period.
Unless otherwise stated in this data protection declaration, processing takes place on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR (legitimate interest). Otherwise on the basis of consent in accordance with Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR,
you can delete the cookies stored on your computer at any time in the browser settings.
You can also configure your browser so that it either deletes cookies when you close the browser or rejects cookies in general.
We would like to point out that you may not be able to use some functions of our website properly without cookies.
§6 Third-party services
We use third-party services to make our website more user-friendly, more effective and safer overall.
This also includes the use of analysis tools. We use analysis tools for the purpose of analyzing user behavior in order to optimize our website.
Unless otherwise stated in this data protection declaration, analysis tools are used on the legal basis of legitimate interest in accordance with Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR. This is particularly the case if the service data is only collected in pseudonymized form and the respective service does not use the data for its own purposes.
We use various services from Google Ireland Limited (“Google”), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland on our website. A company incorporated and operated under Irish law (Registration Number: 368047).
The use of Google services only takes place with your informed consent on the basis of Art. 6. Para. 1 lit. a GDPR.
We use the following services and functions from Google:
We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our website and to improve it on a regular basis. We can use the statistics obtained to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user.
We use Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp ()”. As a result, IP addresses are further processed in abbreviated form, so that personal references can be excluded. If the data collected about you can be linked to a person, this will be excluded immediately and the personal data will be deleted immediately.
This website also uses Google Analytics for a cross-device analysis of visitor flows, which is carried out via a user ID. You can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your usage in your customer account under “My data”, “Personal data”.
Google Tag Manager
We use the Google Tag Manager. This service is used for the efficient management of so-called “tags” (small code elements on the website). This service makes it easier for us to use other Google services, among other things.
We use Google maps on this website. This enables us to show you interactive maps directly on the website and enables you to conveniently use the map function. When you visit the website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website.
We have no influence on this data transfer.
We have integrated YouTube videos into our online offer, which are stored on https://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. These are all integrated in the “extended data protection mode”, i. H. that no data about you as a user will be transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will data be transferred. We have no influence on this data transfer.
You have several options to object to the collection and processing of your data by Google, or to restrict yourself.
- You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly (this may mean that not all functions of the website can be used)
- You can prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address). Address) to Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de .
(Applies only to data that is collected and processed in the context of Google Analytics)
- You can revoke your consent to the processing of data by the Google services at any time. You can do this by deleting the cookies in your browser and not giving your consent the next time you visit our website.
- If you have a Google account, you can make settings for the type, scope and storage of data by Google in the account management under the menu item “Data & Personalization”.
Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing can be found in Google’s data protection declaration (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de&gl=de).
At no time is there an obligation to register with one of these portals for information purposes or to contact us (the provider). Much more, there are various ways of contacting them (phone, email, contact form).
This site uses the Liverate widget via an API. The provider is LiveRate GmbH, Metzstr. 12, DE – 81667 Munich. When you call up a page, your browser loads the required scripts into your browser cache in order to display the price information widget correctly.
For this purpose, the browser you are using must connect to the LiveRate GmbH servers. This gives LiveRate GmbH knowledge that our website has been accessed via your IP address. The use of Liverate is in the interest of the cheapest possible booking for our guests. This represents a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 Paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR.
Further information on data protection at Liveraate can be found under the following link: https://www.liverate.de/privacy_statement.html .
This page integrates a widget from iiQ-Check, which is provided by ConsultiiQ GmbH, Spitalstraße 1, D-38640 Goslar, Tel .: +49 5321 – 75 91 – 70, E-Mail: email@example.com , www.consultiiq.de .
To use the functions of the iiQCheck widget, it is necessary to save your IP address. This information is usually transmitted to a iiQ-Check server in Switzerland and stored there. The provider of this site has no influence on this data transfer.
The iiQ-Check widget is used in the interest of a presentation of the reviews of our hotel submitted on iiQ-Check, and in order to be able to offer the option of writing a review at iiQ-Check. This represents a legitimate interest within the meaning of Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
You can find more information on handling user data at iiQ-Check in the iiQ-Check data protection declaration: https: //www.iiq-check. de / data protection .
This page integrates the “Clean & Safe Protocol” widget from the provider HRS GmbH, Breslauer Platz 4, 50668 Cologne. To use the widget function, it is necessary to save your IP address. This information is transmitted to a server of HRS GmbH and saved. This gives HRS GmbH knowledge that our website has been accessed via your IP address. In the interest of presentation, the widget is used via a hotel audit according to the Clean & Safe Protocol. This represents a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 Paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR.
Further information on data protection at HRS GmbH can be found under the following link: https://www.hrs.com/corporate/data-protection- security / .
§7 Regulations for the contact form and email contact
There is a contact form on our website that can be used to contact us electronically. If a user makes use of this option, the data entered in the input mask will be transmitted to us and saved. These data are:
- Name of the user
- if applicable, further, voluntary data
At the time the message is sent, the following data is also stored:
- The IP address of the user
- Date and time of registration
Alternatively, contact can be made via the provided E-Mail address possible. In this case, the user’s personal data transmitted with the email will be saved.
We process the respective personal data for the purpose of processing the conversation (making contact, answering) on the basis of the legitimate interest in accordance with Art. 6. Para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
In this context, the data will not be passed on to third parties.
The data will be deleted if they are no longer required to fulfill the processing purpose.
Status of the data protection declaration
The data protection declaration is occasionally adjusted in order to be able to comply with changes in the business process and the legal side. You can always find the latest status on the website.
Status: April 2021